Maintaining Your ePayResources ACH Certification
Upon receipt of the ePayResources Certification, all members must complete continuing education obligations annually to maintain the ePayResources Certification. The continuing education requirement begins the calendar year after the ePayResources ACH Certification certificate is printed. The criteria outlined below provides the information needed to ensure continuing education requirements are met.
A ePayResources Certified member may use one of the four methods outlined below to meet the continuing education requirement each calendar year to maintain current ePayResources ACH Certification status. However, a ePayResources Certified member may complete additional education events and activities at their discretion. Outlined below are the benefits of each continuing education opportunity:
- Register and attend a ePayResources Rule Update webinar:
- Attending a live webinar provides opportunities to obtain answers as the questions occur to the attendee
- There are typically two ePayResources Rule Update webinars in a calendar year.
- Complete the On Demand recording of the ePayResources Rule Update webinar:
- Listen to the recorded webinar in one’s own time. Access to the recording is provided for 30 days, with unlimited viewing. It is, therefore, possible that other members at the SWACHA Certified member’s financial institution may benefit from the information.
- On Demand recordings are usually made available for purchase five business days after the live event.
- Register and attend an ACH Boot Camp:
- Both the ACH Boot Camps—Fundamentals (Basic) and Compliance Specialist (Intermediary)—provide intensive ACH training in an interactive, in-person environment. Pose questions of the instructor and participate in team exercises to stay abreast of the Rules, Regulations, statutes, and trends shaping the ACH Network.
- ACH Boot Camps are scheduled throughout the calendar year in various cities across Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, and Arkansas. Each type of ACH Boot Camp is a two-day event.
- NEW: Register and attend ePayResources Payment Rules Update workshop:
- Workshop provides education on all electronic payments channels: ACH, Card, Check, and Wire
- Attending the in-person workshop provides opportunities to interact with payments professionals and the instructor
- Workshop is scheduled in more than 50 cities, across multiple states
- Register and retake the ePayResources certification test:
- Demonstrate your mastery of ACH Network concepts and applicable governing Rules and statutes.
- The ePayResources Certification Program exam is administered the second Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in December. The test is electronic. One only needs an Internet connection and approximately three hours to complete. No scores will be provided. The exam is pass/fail result only.
The selected continuing education option must be completed within the calendar year for which re-certification is required, i.e., January 1 through December 31 of the year after the active certificate. *NOTE* Continuing education credits do not carry over to subsequent years for later use nor can continuing education credits be pre-completed in a prior year.
Each year, a ePayResources ACH Certified member must file all continuing education credits no later than March 31st. One need not wait until March 31st of the following year. One may file continuing education credits as soon as completed, for example. Communication and/or notification of continuing education completion to a ePayResources staff member does not constitute registration for the continuing education method chosen and will not be sufficient to retain the ePayResources ACH Certification statue.
Continuing education credits must be filed using the ePayResources ACH Certification Continuing Education Reporting Form that may be downloaded from the ePayResources website.
Upon verification that the continuing education requirement has been met, an updated ePayResources ACH Certification certificate will be printed and mailed to the address of file for the member. The updated certificate is for the entire calendar year in which it is issued. This means that even if one accomplishes the ePayResources Certification continuing education requirement on December 31, the resulting certificate will be for the entire calendar year. Updated certificates are printed and mailed at regular intervals during the calendar year.
The certified member is responsible for notifying ePayResources of attendance, and paying for the course. Please complete the ePayResources
ACH Certification Continuing Education
Reporting Form below to ensure you have been credited for all
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS: ePayResources ACH Certification Continuing Education Reporting Form
NOTE FOR THOSE WHO ATTAINED THE ACCREDITED ACH PROFESSIONAL (AAP) ACCREDITATION:
ePayResources recognizes the National ACH Association (NACHA) requires continuing education goals in excess of those imposed on ePayResources Certified members. ePayResources does not, therefore, require AAPs to complete one of the four methods outlined above. We recognize the on-going efforts to meet the AAP continuing education requirements as more than sufficient to meet the ePayResources Certified continuing education requirements. However, we invite each AAP to make use of ePayResources training to meet their AAP continuing education goals. ePayResources Certified members who are also AAPs will receive updated certificates in January of each year.